Sunday, December 5, 2010

A circus monkey? I'm flattered.

It's my last day in my job. I've decided to move to a new role, one more suited to my skills and interests, and one that will allow me to begin sleeping at night again - it's been WAY too long.

So on my last day, I go to my boss and say "OK, do me a favor. I know the loss of my charm and genius will hit the group hard, and I know that I'm completely and entirely irreplacable, but as you seek to find my replacement, just promise me you won't hire a dud."

He pauses a moment and then looks up at me with a huge grin and says, "I've got it all taken care of. It's in the bag. We're getting...a CIRCUS MONKEY!"  Hilarious! And to be honest, I was just so flattered. I mean if you're going to be compared to any animal, what better than a cute little intelligent creature that entertains?  I'll take it!

So after I left, I sent him a wind up monkey that does back-flips to keep on his desk. You know, to help him get through his days without me.  I am still so flattered I've been likened to a circus monkey. Really, they're smart, they dress nicely, and they are a joy to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment