Thursday, December 16, 2010

Loving winter is just a muppet away.

Personally, I never have the seasonal blues. I take each day for what it is. Spring is beautiful and energizing. Summer is lazy but brings the pressure to "enjoy it while it's here". Fall is refreshing (my favorite). And winter, to me, means, relaxation and reflection.

Winter means we get to enjoy the beauty and new growth of spring. It means we appreciate summer more. It means no guilty feeling for choosing to stay inside, sitting in the window with a cup of tea, as we watch the world go by. 

As for the cold, it's the little things that get me through.  I look forward to cold days, because it means I can finally break out my favorite down puffer. I look forward to snow, because it means my fabulous snow boots that hide away all year can come out of the closet and bring me delight with each step. I don't even mind the rain, because I adore my umbrella: black on the outside, but inside, when I look up, it's lined with happy, smiling muppets - my secret on a rainy day.

You gotta do what makes you happy, and for me, getting through winter is only one smiling muppet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment